Saturday, January 2, 2010

Indroductions and assorted blah, blah, blah

Day 2: A minor oversight


Introductions can be tricky. Luckily, I seem to have a handle on that component of writing fiction, at least for the time at hand. But it dawned on me last night that I did a rather mediocre job of introducing myself and projecting a little insight into to the nexus of anonymity we like to call the internet. While I doubt that people other than my immediate circle will be interested in keeping tabs on my novel progress, I will at the least spend a little more time describing my situation. Just in case.

On the subject of introductions, or more specifically on the subject of beginnings, I managed to get a good start on my writing project and have an official working title: The Muse.

Our story begins at Occidental College and follows Jack, an upscale pretty boy who has never worked a day in his life and has managed so far to successfully feign the facade of intellectualism while popping jello-shots and banging girls with names like Ashley, Krystal, and Porsche. But with as much outward zest for life our neirdowell protagonist exudes, there's a certain genuine discontentment creeping in beyond the hip, ironic melancholy that he wallows in. And like most good stories, it all begins with a girl...

Current Project: The Muse
Pages Complete: 1/???
Album Completion: 2.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment