Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Patterns

I read some of Herman Hesse's poetry today in an old collection that had either belonged to my parents or a good friend of mine who moved out of the area. I don't normally read much poetry, but I've found myself struggling to "lose myself" in lengthier pieces of fiction as of late.

In reading Hesse's poetry, it serves as an insight into his thinking process. From what I've gathered, he was dealing with a lot of the same dificulties I am. It's worth noting that Hesse's poetry has to do with emotion, the countryside, travel, love, and lost youth. Again I emphasize.

Tomorrow's a big day as I begin my new program at CGU and start life anew as an English major yet again. I'm looking forward to it, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being a little nervous. But mostly I'm excited. That's enough for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment